Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Faults and Folds


Over conference weekend, I spent part of Sunday afternoon at my roommate's house in Lake Point, Utah. The view from his front yard was spectacular; thanks to a wildfire last year sometime, the mountainside is an array of exposed faulted and folded beds. I'm not certain which fault system these are associated with -I'm looking into it. These photos show the different orientation in strata. If I had more time, I would've liked to have taken a closer look. But that's life.
I survived my exam in my structural geology class this week, and got my grade from my intro. to field methods class. I'm pretty pleased with it all. Now, if I can pass my mineral ID exam in my minerology class on Monday, and I feel pretty confident I will, I'll be satisfied.

2 comments:

J said...

Hooray for wildfires removing cover! ... Wait... So, anyways. I like this blog!

Alicia said...

I'm sorry.

This is the first time I've visited this site. I'm with Andra. I like it a lot. It helps keep my geologic mind fresh. And it brings back all of those good times we had with Estelle.

Keep it up, man.